Read more about our high-quality ingredients found in GENUINE dog food, primarily sourced from American family-owned and operated businesses, and how they all contribute to a healthier lifestyle for your dog!
Protein is an essential macronutrient that must be supplied in a dog’s daily diet. It’s a primary component of all muscles, organs and structural tissues—like hair, skin, nails, and cartilage—and supports robust immune and digestive systems.
- Deboned Dried Chicken
- Egg Product
Fats & Oils
An essential macronutrient, fat provides the most concentrated source of dietary energy, insulation for the body, and numerous metabolic and structural functions. Plus, it provides sustainable energy and promotes healthy activity and conditioning.
- Chicken Fat
- Salmon Oil
Carbohydrates are macronutrients that are not nutritionally essential but supply a source of energy and dietary fiber.
- Potato Starch
- Tapioca Starch
- Pea Flour
- Ground Flax Seed
- Dried Beet Pulp
- Dried Kelp
Vitamins are essential nutrients, needed only in very small quantities, to facilitate nearly all metabolic body processes.
- Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C)
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Niacin Supplement
- D-Calcium Pantothenate
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Thiamin Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1)
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6)
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Beta Carotene
Minerals have a variety of functions. They are essential for the body’s metabolic processes and support the skeletal structure, nerve transmission, and muscle contractions.
- Potassium Chloride
- Salt (Sodium Chloride)
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Zinc Proteinate
- Zinc Sulfate
- Iron Proteinate
- Copper Sulfate
- Sodium Selenite
- Copper Proteinate
- Manganese Sulfate
- Manganese Proteinate
- Calcium Iodate
Our experts hand-selected every ingredient to create a formula that provides ultimate nutrition for dogs of all breeds and life stages.
- Deboned Dried Chicken (Protein) | Our chicken is processed through an innovative proprietary system that separates the fat, chicken broth, and chicken muscle. The muscle fraction is carefully dried, resulting in a protein fraction that is highly digestible for the dog and maintains unique chicken protein characteristics.
- Chicken Fat (Fats and Oils) | GENUINE dog food contains a specially selected source of high-quality chicken fat. It is naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, oil of rosemary and green tea extract. It is an excellent source of essential fatty acids that are important to structural, metabolic, and immune functions. The high-quality source lends to suburb palatability and a very wholesome food.
- Potato and Tapioca Starch (Carbohydrate) | Potato and tapioca provide an ideal starch that, when processed, provides a sticky matrix that holds the kibble together and provides a readily available source of dietary energy, while enhancing palatability.
- Pea Flour (Carbohydrate) | Pea flour is used to blunt the elevation in your dog’s blood glucose. It helps provide an even release of dietary energy for your dog, minimizing the highs and lows of blood sugar.
- Dried Beet Pulp (Carbohydrate and fiber source) | Beet pulp is the perfect fiber source for your dog. GENUINE dog food includes an excellent blend of fiber fractions that support a healthy digestive system. Fiber helps move food through the digestive system while supporting optimal nutrient absorption. As a result, you can expect small firm stools and no excessive gas—meaning less pickup, a clean backyard, and enjoyable walks.
- Dried Egg Product (Protein) | Egg is the ideal protein of the highest biological value and is a perfect complement to chicken protein. No other combination provides a better balance of essential amino acids for overall well-being.
- Ground Flaxseed (Fiber and Essential fatty acids) | Flaxseeds are a great source of dietary fiber; contains minerals like magnesium, manganese, and thiamine; and is the richest source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an anti-inflammatory compound. Flax also contains lignan that acts like an antioxidant. Dietary flax will facilitate healthy digestion, skin and coat condition, cardiovascular (heart) health, and immune function.
- Dried Kelp (Fiber) | Sun-dried brown kelp has a unique dietary fiber profile that acts as a prebiotic supporting digestive health and immune defense.
- Salmon Oil (Fat and oils) | Alaskan Salmon oil provides an excellent source of essential omega-3 fatty acids. We have selected a special cold pressed oil that assures omega 3s are delivered to your dog supporting a healthy immune system.
- Inulin (Source of fructooligosaccharides) | Inulin is a unique fiber source that acts as a prebiotic and provides for gastrointestinal health. It aids in fueling the good bacteria and starving the bad bacteria that provides a healthy digestive system for your dog.
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride | Glucosamine Hydrochloride supports joint health for dogs of all ages.
- L-Carnitine | L-Carnitine supports the healthy use of fatty acids for body energy. It is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and other important body processes.
- Choline Chloride | Choline is an essential vitamin-like nutrient that is used for many vital body functions, notably in the brain to enhance cognitive abilities.
- Mixed Tocopherols (Source of Vitamin E), Rosemary Extract and Green Tea Extract | A natural preservative system proven to protect the wholesomeness of food.
Vitamins are organic molecules that are needed in minute amounts to help all reactions in your body, including metabolism and food absorption.
- Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C) | Vitamin C is required for healthy metabolism and the growth and repair of damaged tissues.
- Vitamin E Supplement | Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and a potent antioxidant in the body. It protects body tissue from damage caused by substances called free radicals, which can harm cells, tissues, and organs.
- Niacin Supplement | Niacin is a water-soluble vitamin that help the body absorb and use fat, carbohydrates, and protein.
- D-Calcium Pantothenate (Pantothenic Acid) | A water-soluble vitamin found in all body tissues and critically involved in many aspects of carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism.
- Riboflavin Supplement (Source of vitamin B2) | A water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in release of energy from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Thiamin Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1) | A water-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin A Supplement | A fat-soluble vitamin that is involved in vision, bone growth, reproduction, and tissue maintenance.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6) | A water-soluble vitamin that plays a key role in the metabolism of amino acids, components of protein, and a lesser extent in the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats.
- Vitamin B12 Supplement | A water-soluble vitamin with two main roles | protein synthesis and energy production from fats and proteins. It plays a role in the circulatory system as it is an essential element needed for the formation of new blood cells. B12 is needed for cellular metabolism throughout the body.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) | Critical for proper brain function and plays an important role in mental and emotional health. It aids in the production of DNA and RNA, the body’s genetic material, and is especially important when cells and tissues are growing rapidly such as puppy growth and development and pregnancy.
- Vitamin D3 Supplement | A fat-soluble vitamin that regulates calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the body, therefore crucial for bone growth, development, and maintenance.
- Beta Carotene | A source of Vitamin A that is derived from plants.
Minerals have a variety of functions. They are essential for the body’s metabolic processes, provide skeletal support, nerve transmission, and muscle contractions.
- Potassium Chloride | A source of potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte that is found in the cells and in the blood of your dog’s body. An ideal potassium level is essential for controlling your dog’s nerve impulses, brain function, and muscle activity. It also plays a vital role in regulating your dog’s heart function.
- Salt (Sodium Chloride) | Sodium plays an important role in regulating blood pressure, blood volume, transmitting nerve signals, and maintaining the body’s acid/base balance.
- Chloride | An electrolyte that is important in helping in heart and nervous system functions, fluid balance, and delivery of oxygen.
- Ferrous Sulfate (Iron) | Helps red blood cells transport oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Zinc Proteinate (Zinc attached to a protein carrier for enhanced absorption) | Zinc plays a role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, and cell division. Zinc supports normal growth and development.
- Zinc Sulfate (Zinc) | Zinc plays a role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, DNA synthesis, and cell division. Zinc supports normal growth and development.
- Iron Proteinate (Iron attached to a protein carrier for enhanced absorption) | Helps red blood cells transport oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Copper Sulfate (Copper) | Function of copper is closely tied to iron. Copper is necessary for normal absorption and transport of dietary iron. Copper is essential for hemoglobin production.
- Sodium Selenite (Selenium) | Protects cells from oxidative damage.
- Copper Proteinate (Copper attached to a protein carrier for enhanced absorption) | Function of copper is closely tied to iron. Copper is necessary for normal absorption and transport of dietary iron, and for hemoglobin production.
- Manganese Sulfate (Manganese) | A component of several important enzyme systems that regulate nutrient metabolism.
- Manganese Proteinate manganese attached to a protein carrier for enhanced absorption) | A component of several important enzyme systems that regulate how nutrients are metabolized throughout your dog’s body.
- Calcium Iodate (Iodine) | Plays a vital role in your dog’s thyroid health, iodine is required for the synthesis of important hormone systems.
|Crude Protein||40.0% min|
|Crude Fat||20.0% min|
|Crude Fiber||4.0% max|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids||3.50% min|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids||0.50% min|